The CLUB ITALIANO DANTE ALIGHIERI is a full-service education center, offering high-quality Italian language instruction as well as courses in Italian history, culture, art, literature, and opera, taught in Italian or English.
We can accommodate the needs of short-stay or long-stay study abroad programs. Our professional staff and expert instructors give students a warm welcome and provide friendly, personalized service in a comfortable atmosphere. With us , American colleges or universities can create a study abroad program in Rome at a very affordable cost, in a charming part of the town (Piazza Bologna) with immediate access to the Metro and to numerous bus lines.
We can also host students who want to create an individualized program with us. Italian instructors who are based in Rome and who wish to improve their teaching & Glottodidactic skills may be eligible for one of our full scholarships.
Here is an overview of the services that we offer:
– Small-group and individual Italian language courses at all levels, including Business Italian
– Courses in Italian history, culture, art, literature, culinary art, and opera, taught in Italian or English
– Housing accommodations in shared flats, apartments, Italian host families, or hotels
– Cultural and free-time activities such as visiting museums, attending the opera, sporting events, and excursions to other Italian cities
– 24/7 student support services (with a phone emergencies number 24/7)
– Airport transfers to and from Rome
– Facilitation of Student Visa & Permesso di Soggiorno (Permit to Stay) documents
Italian language programs
The Dante Alighieri Center offers courses in Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced Italian, which can be tailored to meet the credit granting needs of your American college or university.
The Dante Center can design an intensive language study program for your students in blocks of 45, 90, or 135 contact hours – the equivalent of one, two,
or three full semester college courses (3, 6 or 9 credits).
Regardless of the length of your program’s duration or the level of your
students’ knowledge of the Italian language, the Dante Center can create
a unique schedule of class hours to fit your program’s needs.
The Dante Center’s experienced instructors are familiar with North American college and university grading scales and will work with your program director to ensure correct placement, rigorous instruction, and fair evaluation of your students. Guided tours to places of interest in Rome can be added to your students’ curriculum and are conducted by the Dante Center’s staff.